Tankless Water Heaters: FAQs
Our Pearland plumbers will explain the benefits of a new tankless water heater for your home!
What is a tankless water heater?
Tankless water heaters are compact units that provide endless hot water to meet the needs of your home. They are energy efficient units because they only heat the water that is used.
What are some of the advantages of installing a tankless vs. a tank water heater?
- Energy efficiency is a key feature of tankless water heaters because water is heated only when it is used. With a tank-type, the water in the tank is constantly being heated so that it stores hot water whether you use it or not.
- Size is another factor to consider when replacing an old tank-type model. With the recent federal regulations for tank water heaters, more insulation is required to meet energy requirements increasing both the size and cost of a new tank-type. Replacing an old tank water heater in an attic with another tank model could be a problem as the diameter of the new model may not fit through the attic access in your home.
- The convenience of having enough hot water to meet the demands of a household can be a significant factor in deciding whether to go with a tankless vs. the traditional tank-type water heater. Having an endless supply of hot water can be important as well as a convenience.
- The Life Span of a tankless unit is about twice that of a tank unit and should be considered when making a decision to spend the extra money for a tankless.
How does the price of a tankless compare to that of a tank type?
The initial cost of a tankless is about twice that of a tank model. When this added cost is spread over the longer life span of a tankless, the price is quite reasonable. The advantages of a tankless generally offset the additional cost for many homeowners.
Do you offer financing?
Yes, AQP offers in-house financing for qualified customers. Call our office for details!
Which brand do you sell and install? What are its features?
AQP sells and installs the Navien Condensing Tankless Water Heater. Features include:
- Up to .99 Energy Factor, industry highest
- Stainless steel heat exchanger with a 15-year warranty (exceeds the warranty of a non-condensing unit or a traditional tank)
- Ultra-efficient condensing technology
- Requires less space than that of a traditional tank water heater, which is about 80% less!
How does scale build-up over time affect the efficiency of a tankless?
Scale build-up for a tankless can be a problem and it is recommended that you install a descaler at the time of installation to prolong the life of the unit. AQP recommends and installs the Flow-Tech Anti-Scale System because of its revolutionary features. You can learn about the descaler system by watching the video on our website or contacting AQP for more information!
Do you provide free estimates? Is there a trip charge?
Yes. One of our tankless water heater specialists can come to your Pearland home to assess your unique hot water needs and provide you with a no-cost proposal! Call AQP at (281) 482-1900 to schedule an appointment. The specialist will also answer any questions you may have regarding the Navien unit and its installation in your home.
No. AQP does not charge a trip fee.
Plumbing Professionals You Can Trust
- BBB A+ rating
- No Trip Charge
- Up Front Pricing
- We Offer Solutions!
- Free In-Home Estimates
- Over 30 years in business
- Licensed & Insured Plumbers
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee